It's Spring!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

***Special Banana Nut Bread***- is in the oven!!

So being home alone at night, has got me becoming so-phis-ti-cat-ed!! I thought that my hard working husband needs to have a few treats laying around, and well since the peanut butter cookies disappeared in his lunch box tonight, it became time for a new treat. Currently, this is baking-


And it is going to be soooooo good! I can just smell how yummy it will taste!! So, because if you are one of maybe 5 people reading this, I don't mind sharing my recipe!!


*Special Banana Nut Bread*
Prep:25 min  Bake: 1 hour +

3/4 cup butter, softened
1 pkg. (8 oz) cream cheese, softened     (I combine the first two ingredients and soften together in a bowl in the microwave)
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (I just use 4 or 5)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract  (I personally add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract as well :) )
3 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
add as many of what ever kind of nuts you would like!!!

1.) In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.  Beat in bananas and extracts. In seperate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture slowly. Add in your nuts!
2.) Transfer to 2 greased 8 in x 4 in x 2 in loaf pans, and sprinkle the top with nuts :).  Bake at 350* for 1 - 1 1/4  hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
3.) MOST IMPORTANT STEP- enjoy and please please, I beg of you, make this and then tell me about it.

I really hope you enjoy as much as I do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment